As from 12 noonon 12 August 2020 the Auckland region will be in Alert level 3.
Midwives are an essential service and can continue to provide midwifery care as required.
When providing midwifery care :
- Face masks should be worn for all in-person contact
- Screen all women prior to in-person contact
- Women who have symptoms of Covid-19 or meet High Index of Suspicion (HIS) criteria need to be tested but face to face midwifery care should be deferred if possible. If these women require a clinically necessary assessment, discuss with the DHB to determine the appropriate setting
- In-person visits for well women who do not meet HIS criteria should be conducted partially by phone or video. Limit in-person contact to 15 minutes or less where possible for the physical assessment.
- Ensure physical distancing within clinics and work places
- Ensure frequent and meticulous hand hygiene and cleaning of equipment and surfaces
- Locum services will be available as required, please contact locum service on 0800 MIDWIFE to enquire.
- Auckland locums can provide services within the Auckland region – we are awaiting advice on whether locums can travel across the regional border – we will update this advice with the locum service as soon as possible. Please contact locum service on 0800 MIDWIFE to enquire.
- The Auckland region of the College is organising a distribution system for PPE – please check your emails for directions on how/when this can be picked up.
- For more information contact the Auckland Midwifery Resource ( 09 625 9764) centre or your regional chair Sarah Ballard (021 0577453)
Please go to the Ministry of Health website for more detailed information
Follow the link to the full guidence document: https://www.midwife.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Level-3-Guidance-for-community-midwifery-care-and-COVID-19-risk-reduction.-11.8.20.pdf
FORTIFYING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM FOR CORONAVIRUS
Summary of a latest webinar with top Australasian integrative medicine experts
THE ‘NEW NORMS’ OF PRENATAL & POSTNATAL CARE
Overview for women of the new ways prenatal and postnatal care is delivered during the pandemic
WEEKLY FREE WEBINAR ON NON-HOSPITAL BIRTHING
Weekly live chat for expectant women (and their whanau) of a Q&A session discussing non-hospital birthing options with a senior midwife experienced in Home and Birth Centre labours.
Link for optional Donation to participate with funds going to Women’s Refuge https://www.kathyfray.com/birthing-during-covid-19/
FREE ORGANIC BIRTH 90-Min VIDEO for ANY Expectant Mothers
Usually $199, but supplied free by MothersWise.com during the pandemic.
1.5 hour video explains the stages, phases and pain management – ideal for any women considering a natural labour.
Women just need to complete the pop-up form at www.MothersWise.com
WATER IMMERSION DURING LABOUR AND WATERBIRTH: COVID-19
Water immersion during labour and water birth_COVID-19_related communique_April_2020_Ethel Burns et al (2)
Rural Living-South Covid-19 Lockdown Flipbook: